10 Family Friendly Activities to Play at the Park
- Let the kids play on the play ground equipment.
- Take a football, baseball, soccer ball, basketball, tennis ball and rackets, or a frisbee with you to the park. You will have plenty of space to play your favorite sport without having to climb over a fence to retrieve your ball or frisbee from the neighbors yard.
- Grab any old stale bread that you have in your pantry so that you can feed the ducks.
- Play a game of chase.
- If you have a group of kids, you can play capture the flag or ask several other kids in the park to play with you.
- Take a nature walk around the park.
- If you have a bike trail, take your bicycles with you to the park and ride them along the trail.
- Ask a few other kids at the park if they want to play a game of tag.
- Have a picnic at the park.
- Create a fun list of items to find during a scavenger hunt.
This past weekend we decided to take the kids to the park so that they could burn off some energy and enjoy some time outdoors. If you have a park close to your house, you should your kids to the park and let them burn off some energy.
Don’t forget to take plenty of water to drink and sunscreen with you to the park to prevent dehydration or heat related illnesses.
What is your favorite game to play at the park?