Technology is causing a big hindrance for our children. They are no longer writing nearly as much as I did when I was in school. I remember writing a ton of papers by hand because computers weren’t in every home and were considered a luxury until the Internet became popular. As technology continues to evolve, kids will continue spending less time writing and more time typing on computers, tablets, or smart phones.
Today, I wanted to share with you this great infographic that was created by Giraffe Childcare and Early Learning Center.
12 Ways to Get Your Child to Engage in Handwriting
Here are some fun ways to get your child engage in handwriting:
- Help you write the grocery list or list of chores
- Write a letter to a pen pal overseas
- Write their own story
- Help write out their birthday invitations
- Practice writing words on the sidewalk
- Buy them a journal so that they can write down their thoughts and feelings before going to bed
- Practice writing their favorite things
- Write their Christmas list
- Have your child interact with you by writing notes back and forth to each other
- Have your child write out some top ten lists on a variety of subjects
- Teach them to write down three concerns and three positives each day
- Play the sentence game
How do you encourage your child to use their handwriting over technology?