The holidays are usually filled with laughter, lots of food including desserts, and spending time with the family. But for some this time of the year is quite difficult. As you are busy preparing for your Thanksgiving meal and spending time with your family, if you know of someone that doesn’t have a place to go like a military family, a widowed spouse, or a friend simply invite them over to join in your festivities or take the a plate of goodies. A simple gesture can make someone’s day.
When I had my kids I was a military spouse and I often would cook meals for several of the soldiers. I knew that most of them didn’t have family around and I wanted to make sure that they got to enjoy a real meal. They were always very thankful. I was a single mom during the last year as a military spouse. It was difficult being alone in a city where I didn’t know very many people. It was at that point that I decided that I needed to move back home so that I could be close to family.
If you know a military family, please share this post to help give back. For each hashtag share, Dr Pepper Snapple will donate $1 up to $25,000 to Military Warrior Support Foundation.
Today, I wanted to share some fun recipes that call for 7UP® and a few other ingredients that I found around the web.
- Easy Peach Cobbler – Peach cobbler is one of my personal favorite desserts because my grandmother used to make it using fresh peaches off her tree. This recipe is so much easier to make than my grandmother’s. It calls for 4 simple ingredients: 1 Yellow Box of Cake Mix, 12 oz can of 7up, 5-6 cups of fresh or canned peaches, and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. Serve with a scoop of icing or top with whipped cream.
- 7-Up Pound Cake – This was one of my grandfather’s favorite treats. Pound cakes are a popular treat and are fairly easy to make. This particular recipe calls for soda to give it an added flare. Add some fresh berries and whipped cream or ice cream for an added treat.
- Easy Strawberry Cake – I enjoy a good strawberry cake but my family doesn’t care for it very often. This recipe calls for 3 ingredients: Strawberry cake mix, 7 up or diet 7 up for skinny version, and icing. This cake doesn’t require much prep work and it is an easy cake to make for your family or Christmas party.
- 7UP Ten Apple Dessert – If you like apple pie, then you will love this recipe. It is easy to make and only requires 6 ingredients: 12 ounces of 7up Ten, 2 Granny Smith Apples, 2 cans of crescent rolls, 1 stick of butter, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Top this dessert with a dallop of cool whip or a scoop of ice cream and you are in for a treat.
- White Cherry Cobbler – This is another simple dessert that is easy to make. It calls for only 3 ingredients: 7up, 2 cans of cherry pie filling, butter, and box of white cake mix. Simple serve and add a cool whip for a tasty treat.
I hope that you enjoy these collections of fun recipes.
Please share one thing that you’re thankful for with #thanksgiveitup – Dr Pepper Snapple Group will donate $1.00 up to $25,000 for every hashtag posted at #Thanksgiveitup to Military Warrior Support Foundation during the month of November.