5 Shortcuts to Get the Chores Finished Quickly and Easily
- Sort the Laundry – Buy several laundry baskets so that you can easily pre-sort the laundry as you change your clothes. Label each basket: colors, towels, whites, ect. As you or your family members take off their clothes have them tosses their dirty clothes into the appropriate laundry basket. Once the basket is full, then toss the laundry into the washing machine. In our house a full laundry basket usually fills up the washing machine, by washing full loads of laundry I am saving time and money.
- Meal Planning – Meal planning may seem overwhelming at first but as you are planning your weekly meals, you can make a list of things you need to buy at the store. Don’t forget to check the weekly circulars to find ways to create meals using the items in your sale ad. When utilizing a list at the grocery store, it will help curb unnecessary spending and save time at the store.
- Declutter – Spend 10 to 15 minutes each day to clean up the clutter around the house. This will keep the clutter at bay and by the time you get around to it on the weekend you won’t have mountain of things to pick up around the house.
- Keep Your Bathroom Looking Tidy Daily – Keep your shower/bathtub looking sparkling clean by using a daily shower cleaner to keep the dirt and grim at bay. Also, you can add a automatic toilet bowl cleaner to your toilet. This will keep it smelling fresh and will keep the ring from forming around the toilet between cleanings. Clean up all mishaps immediately.
- Stay on Top of the Dishes – As you are cleaning off the dinner table each night, you should always try to fill the dishwasher and turn it on once it is full. Immediately empty the dishwasher after the cycle has finished so that you don’t have to keep piling dirty dishes into the kitchen sink. If you have food that is stuck on, pre-soak the dishes in a sink full of dish soap and water. This will help loosen the stuck on food before you load it into the dishwasher. If you end up washing dishes by hand on a daily basis, it is best to take care of the quickly so that food doesn’t have a chance to dry.
Which shortcut will be most useful for you and your family?