9 Interesting Facts About Human Trafficking
These are few facts that I found while I was researching for this post.
- Texas has the highest percentage of calls the Human Trafficking Resource Center.
- According the the video below, human trafficking is a huge business and produces over $32 billion dollars each year.
- The average age of a child that enters into the sex trades is twelve to fourteen years old. Most of these children that enter are girls.
- Sex trafficking is the new age form of slavery.
- Pimps prey on vulnerable people who are searching for a way out of their situation.
- Slaves are sold for money; typically, around $90 dollars a person.
- Most girls are recruited as a typical boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. The pimp will go to great lengths to find girls. They will become friends with the girls first and will pursue a relationship with them. Then one day they will then pick them up and take them back to their place. The girls will then be drugged and rapped sometimes by multiple men.
- Victims are often blackmailed and given verbal threats so that they don’t tell others about what is going on and force the victim to keep quite about the situation.
- Most pimps don’t get caught and don’t spend any time if jail because they are rarely turned in by their victims.
Video to Show to Your Children About Human Trafficking