I have been wanting to make some homemade sugar scrub since I ran out of mine a few weeks ago. I saw how easy it was to make and heard that it was so much cheaper than buying it at the store. I am not a huge fan of lavender and wanted something that would smell good. When I got the opportunity to review Lift Care Lemon Essential Oil, I wanted to give it a try.
Disclosure: I received a bottle of Lift Care Lemon Essential oil so that I could facilitate this post. All opinions are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
I love the clean citrus smell and I am super excited to find other things that I can make with the lemon oil. I am a newbie to essential oils so I am still learning about their health benefits. Today, I am going to share with you how to make your on DIY sugar scrub.
- Coconut or Olive Oil
- Essential Oil
- Mixing Bowl
- Plastic container or Mason Jar
- Food coloring (optional)
- Measure 1/4 cup of coconut or olive oil and pour into a bowl.
- Then add 1/2 a cup of granulated sugar or brown sugar.
- Then add 10 to 15 drops of essential oil depending on which oil that you use. I added 15 drops to my batch.
- Add several drops of food coloring. (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Then spoon it into an air tight plastic container or mason jar.
- Add a label and enjoy.
After I made this recipe, I used it that night in the bathtub. It felt great and made my skin super soft. I personally used coconut oil in my recipe but you don’t have too. It did give it a slight coconut scent in addition to the lemon. I adapted my recipe from Wellness Mama.
More Information about Lift Care Lemon Essential Oil
- (5X FOLD) EXTRA STRENGTH Lemon Essential Oil has a powerfully fresh traditional lemon fragrance that is quite energizing and uplifting. You can diffuse Lemon Oil when trying to clear a room of the smell of the cigarette smoke and other unpleasant aroma. The HIGHEST QUALITY AVAILIBLE, premium concentrate taken from the peel of ripe fruit via cold expression.
- When the skin becomes oily, lemon oil provides a natural tonifier, balancing and rejuvenating the skin when used properly. Simply diluting a natural carrier oil such as jojoba or soy with 1 percent lemon oil provides the necessary components to assure proper absorption and penetration to the skin.
- Refreshing feelings of purity and cleanliness describe the savory fragrance of lemon oil. STRONGER AROMATHERAPY AND LONGER LASTING FRAGRANCE. Fights illness and fatigue.
- Lemon oil deploys antiseptic effects on fresh minor infections of the skin, including acne. 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- Lemon Oil is a potent skin lightening agent. Freckles and age spots etc. ALL NATURAL, no chemical dilution.
Buy Life Care Lemon Essential oil on Amazon.