Suggested List of Restrictions for Pregnant Women
What type of restrictions can I expect my doctor to be concerned about? This is just a suggested list of restrictions that your doctor may suggest and your doctor could modify additional duties based upon your medical condition and risks.
- Heavy Lifting – don’t lift things over 20 lbs
- Avoid excessive exposure to loud noises
- Prolonged Standing – can increase your risk of edema
- Prolonged Sitting – without frequent breaks to get up a stretch or walk around for a few minutes each hour
- Working excessively long hours
- Avoid working on machines that produce heavy vibrations
- Limit exposure to harmful substances and chemicals
- Avoid working in hot or cold environments for long periods of time
- Limit your exposure to extreme stress
- Avoid climbing ladders
- Avoid running in the second and third trimester when your agility and balance is off due to your growing belly
- Avoid exposure to excessive radiation
- Limit exposure to harmful germs and viruses such as Hepatitis, Chicken Pox, AIDS, ect
If there is a job duty that you feel is harmful or could cause a potential problem, talk it over with your doctor. Your doctor will access the risk and determine if you need a modification to your duties for the duration of your pregnancy.
Did your employer give you a hard time altering your duties while pregnant?