I remember when I was pregnant with my very first baby in 1996 and on Mother’s Day that year, it dawned on me that I was going to be a mom later than year. I was excited, scared, and nervous at the same time. If you are a mom, I am sure that you can relate to all of those feelings. It is scary to think that you will be responsible for a tiny human being and that you have to raise them without an instruction manual. Once you give birth, it seems as if your mommy instincts take over and it is amazing how much you already know how to do to care for a tiny baby.
I wanted to take the time and share with you a few things that I love about being a mom to my 3 amazing and wonderful children:
- They give me a reason to smile each and every day.
- A hug or a kiss from them can instantly change my outlook on life.
- My kids are willing to help around the house and take care of me when I am sick.
- That they bring me home beautiful artwork through out the year and not just on Mother’s day.
- I loved them while they were still in the womb, making their presence known with their tiny jabs, punches, kicks, and doing summersaults all hours of the day.
- There is never a dull moment in our household but I wouldn’t change it for the World.
- I am thankful that they each have their own personality.
- They know how to make me laugh.
- I love when they were toddlers and followed me around the house, one day every mom will understand it. As a toddler they always want to be around you but when they turn into teenagers, they are often times shooing you away.
- As a mom, my best piece of advice is to “Cherish Each and Every Moment They Grow Up Fast.”
I wanted to thank each one of you mom’s who take the time out of your day to read my blog posts. I am thankful for each and everyone of you, and without your love and support my blog wouldn’t be successful. I hope that each MOM out there has a Happy Mother’s Day and that it is filled with love and happiness.
Please share why you love being a mom?