A mother can use self-hypnosis techniques to help her relax during child birth. While other mom’s may need the assistance from their coach, spouse, or a licensed hypnotherapist. Also, there are self-guided classes or training available, such as hypnobirthing CD’s and Hypnobabies.
What are some of the benefits to using hypnosis during child birth?
- Women who use hypnosis feel calmer, more relaxed, and have an easier birth experience.
- Teaches you how to over-come the “Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome”.
- Learn that your body and baby know what to do during child birth.
- Use natural pain killers that your brain creates to reduce pain in the body. Instead of using drugs or an epidural, which has side effects that affect both mom and baby.
- Create a birthing experience that is calm, relaxed, and joyous rather than tensed or stressful.
- Learn how to gently birth your baby which can reduce the need for an episiotomy.
- Allow you to stay alert and awake during child birth.
Like these products? Click on the photo for more information.
Did you use hypnobirthing while you were in labor?