A Lamaze class you will be taught the following information and help prepare you for labor and delivery:
- What to expect while in labor, during delivery, and postpartum?
- Birthing positions that can help you labor the baby down and help progress labor.
- Teach your partner/coach massage techniques to help relax your muscles during labor.
- Learn how to properly breathe through contractions.
- Learn the benefits of using a focal point or points for relaxation.
- Learn how your partner/coach can support you during labor.
- Brush up on communication skills needed for a successful labor.
- Learn what medical interventions are needed if their is a problem during child birth.
- Learn how to breastfeed your baby.
These techniques can be used to prepare you mentally and psychically for childbirth. I found these techniques very helpful during my second pregnancy. It helped me to be able to labor naturally with a little bit of IV pain medication. I went on to deliver my son without an epidural and my recovery was very easy. I was so more relaxed during his birth even though I was induced. The contractions came on mildly unlike my first labor experience.
Lamaze Breathing Techniques
Did you use the lamaze breathing techniques while you were in labor?