This app allows your child to learn how to trace their numbers from 1 to 10. As you can see in the photo above, it gives your child a line and an outline of the number so that he could learn how to trace the number three. Simply teach your child how to use their finger to trace the number three while staying inside of the lines on the outline. Once your child has successfully, completed tracing the number above with the outline the app will remove the shadowed outline of the number and your child will have to learn how to successfully trace the number using on the dotted lines. After your child has correctly traced the number, they will collect the fireflies and it will store the collected fireflies in the jar on the left hand side. The goal of the app is for your child to collect a jar full of fireflies.
Before, I found this app I had to print off preschool materials from the Internet or purchase workbooks for my son to use during preschool time. This app will help reduce the need to search and print off worksheets each day for my son to use until is he fully ready to learn how to write using a pencil or crayons. I also don’t have to worry about my son running off with his crayons or giving our new puppy a chance to steal them if my son drops them on the floor. Our puppy is still in the chewing stages so anything that my son is playing with is fair game, expect my phone. 🙂
Reasons Why I Love this App:
- Helps my child develop his fine motor skills.
- My son doesn’t realize that he is learning while he is busy playing games on my phone or his tablet.
- This app is a bit of a challenge for him to master because some of the numbers are a bit harder to trace. I will allow him to continue working on each number until he is able to master both objectives for each number.
- I don’t have to worry about him drawing on the furniture or walls.
- The app is encouraging and makes my son want to continue trying to trace the numbers, even the ones that he is having difficult time tracing.
- Keeps my son occupied and helps me limit his television time. It will be a great app to use at the doctors office or places that I go where my youngest son needs to stay occupied.
- I love the faces that he makes when he is concentrating and learning new things.
- I love to find new ways to encourage my son to learn new concepts.
- Kid friendly navigation. It is so easy that my 2.5 year old was able to easily figure out how use the app without any trouble.
- The app curriculum was developed and reviewed by a preschool expert.
- Let’s you track your child’s process.
You can download this app on iTunes, Google Play, and [amazon_link id=”B00E1HH29K” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Amazon[/amazon_link].
Do you use educational apps in your home preschool curriculum?