Other Bed Wetting Solutions
There are other options for you to use for your child at home to protect the mattress from your child’s accident. I personally use a waterproof sheet on my child’s bed so that I don’t have to worry about accidents from bed wetting or vomiting from soiling the mattress. However, if you aren’t comfortable with your child sleeping on a plastic sheet underneath their sheets you can try these ideas.
- Encourage them to use the bathroom right before bedtime.
- Eliminate drinking after a certain time in the evening.
- Try GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear
- Avoid giving your child caffeine at dinner time.
- Get your child a bed wetting alarm.
- Try using a water proof mattress liner.
- Use medical disposable underpads on their bed.
- Try using disposable night time underwear.
- Set your child’s alarm to get up in the middle of the night to urinate.
- Determine if they are taking any medications that could cause them to wet the bed such as medications that make them drowsy.
- Water proof under wear.
- If they are having accidents during the day as well, your child might be distracted and waiting to long to go to the bathroom.
When to Call the Doctor
It is time to visit with your child’s doctor if they are over the age of 7, to rule out a potential medical issue. There are several medical issues that could cause your child to wet the bed.
- Small bladder
- Inability for your child to recognize that they have a full bladder
- Hormone Imbalance
- Increase of stress either at home or in school
- Urinary tract or kidney infection
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic constipation
- and other issues as determined by your child’s doctor
Need more help with night time potty training or bed wetting? Don’t hesitate to send me your question or leave a comment for me to respond.
#TRUFITBetterNites Twitter Party:
Be sure to mark your calendars for the GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Twitter Party on September 9th from 1-2 PM ET to help open up the conversation about bedwetting and hear advice from the GoodNites NiteLite® Panelists. We would love to “see” you there and hear about your experiences.
Giveaway for $40 GiftCard
One lucky winner will win a $40 gift card from Mom Central Consulting. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is open to US residents only. Void where prohibited by law. Uplifting Families isn’t responsible for prize shipment. If you have any questions regarding the giveaway, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to visit GoodNites* TRU-FIT* real underwear starter kit and disposable inserts for more information and to find them in participating stores. You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.