Use these cleaning tips to help you accomplish deep cleaning these two rooms fast and easy:
- Pick up the clutter- I always start by picking up the clutter that is scattered about the kitchen and living room. With a toddler it always seems as if his toys are always scattered every where. I quickly put the items up where they belong and throw away anything that can go in the trash.
- Tackle the Dishes – I tackle the dishes next so that when I am finished with the dishes, I can quickly clean up the rest of the kitchen. If you are lucky and have a dishwasher, put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on if you have a full load. If not, quickly was and dry all of the dishes so that you can put them away. Clear off any remaining clutter that is left on the kitchen counters.
- Wipe Down Kitchen Counters and Stovetop – Grab a bottle of your favorite cleaner (mine is Clorox CleanUp and wipe down all of the counter tops.
- Clean of Kitchen Table – Toss those place mats into the washing machine, clean off any clutter on the table, and then wipe down the table with your favorite cleaning product (my favorite is Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner ).
- Sweep and Mop the Kitchen – I always clear all of the dog dishes, trash can, and the table chairs out of the kitchen so that I can quickly and easily maneuver around the kitchen. Then I sweep all of the kitchen floors and use a dustpan to pick up any dirt/trash that I sweep up. After, I finish sweeping then I mop the floors using my Swiffer WetJet . I prefer the Wet Jet over a standard mop so that I don’t keep spreading icky germs and bacteria around my kitchen with the same old traditional mop. Another great tool that I would love to have for my kitchen is a steam mop so that I know my floors are clean and disinfected. Once, the floor dries then I put all of the kitchen stuff back that I took out.
- Ceiling Fan – Quickly dust the ceiling fans. I love using a tool for cleaning the ceiling fan duster, it makes cleaning the ceiling fan quick and easy.
- Vacuum – After I finished up with the kitchen, I move back to the living room so that I can finish up my morning cleaning. I pull the vacuum cleaner out of the closet and quickly go over the living room floor and hallway.
- Dusting – I always dust the furniture last, since the vacuum cleaner always stirs up some of the dust into the air. Wipe down all over the furniture in the living room/hallway. I love using my swifter duster but sometimes I also use the old fashioned method (using the cleaner and a rag). The nice thing about the swifter dusters, you can throw it away after you are finished dusting. They also grab the dust particles without sending too many particles flying into the air.
- Adjust Cushions on the Couch – Straighten up the cushions on the couches so that they are neat and even.
I hope that these cleaning tips help you get your house tidied up quickly and easily.
For More Cleaning Tips Check out:
What is your favorite cleaning gadget?