I love the holidays but this time of year can often be filled with busyness. There is usually a long list of things that you need to get done like shopping, going to holiday parties, cooking meals, wrapping gifts, ect. Today, I want to challenge you to stop what your doing and put together something that you and your kids can do together to pay it forward this holiday season. Yesterday, I put together some goodie bags so that my daughter can give them to her teachers. They often have a thankless job and I wanted to let them know how special they are to my daughter. These small care packages are easy to make and they can put a smile on a strangers, friends, or neighbors face.
Candy, Cookies, or Other Treats
BIC Mark-It™ Markers
Couple Sheets of Printer Paper
- Carefully fill the plastic bag with your treats.
- Fold one sheet of printer paper into 4 halves.
- Carefully cut the paper along the lines.
- Find a quote or special message to your recipient.
- Pick your favorite color of BIC Mark-It™ Marker. I choose Emerald Green. I recommend that you get the 36 pack of the BIC Mark-It™ Markers. They come in a neat storage container. There are so many vibrant and fun colors to choose from. Plus they have an 8 pack of pretty Metalic colors too!
- Write your quote on one section of paper. (see below) Make sure that you put a piece of paper underneath the paper. The marker did bleed through a little bit.
- My youngest found some stickers and he wanted to add it the corner of the quote. So I let him stick them on the paper.
- Add a note to challenge your family, friend, or recipient to continue paying it forward. I wrote this on a small piece of paper and folded it up.
- Then staple your quote onto the plastic bag.
- Give it to your recipient.
BIC Mark-It™ Markers are great for avid crafters who enjoy using markers to make tags for all of their fun craft projects or spreading random acts of kindness. I challenged the recipients of these bags to continue the fun tradition and pay it forward. I gave these cute bags to my daughter and she is planning on passing them out to a few of her teachers at school. I hope that they enjoy their treats!
BIC®’s Month of Merry Marking and get the booklet of merry marking and a coupon to start marking with tons of inspirational ideas to make this holiday season a little brighter, and a little more colorful with BIC®’s array of vibrant, low odor and acid free (no added acid, no measurable pH) BIC Mark-It™ permanent markers (with guidelines/instructions for posts).