Thank you Prego® for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.
Not too long ago my youngest son dressed up as a Ninja Turtle for Halloween, and I can’t believe that I missed the opportunity to catch a photo of his costume. We took him to the Trunk or Treat at our church and he had a blast. I even decorated the Trunk of our SUV so that I could hand out candy and glow sticks to all of the kids. There was so many cute costumes this year too! I hope that your kids had a blast on Halloween too!
A few months ago, I shared my favorite Italian recipe: Easy Homemade Lasagna and I get to share another one of our favorite go to meals. I love this meal because it is something that I can make and have on the dinner table in 30 minutes or less. I hope that you and your family enjoy this recipe too!
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ready to cook fajita chicken (I use John Soules)
- 2 jars of Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
- Box of Penne Pasta
- Optional: peas/carrots/spinach
- Optional: pico de galo
- Optional: freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
And here is how you make it!
- Lightly brown 1 pound of ready to cook fajita chicken in a skillet. I usually chop the chicken into smaller pieces if the package contains any huge strips of chicken.
- Make penne pasta according to the package.
- Drain the pasta and pour it back into the pot.
- Add chicken, 2 jars of Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce, and optional peas, carrots, or spinach. Stir and heat for 5 – 7 minutes so that the sauce is hot. Make sure that you stir it frequently.
- Garnish with optional pico de galo and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread or salad too!
This is a quick and easy meal that you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes. You can even serve this fun Alfredo meal a variety of different ways. It is kid friendly too!
Check out my other great recipes on the blog! Don’t forget to sit down and eat together as a family too!