When it comes to beauty and self-confidence, no look is complete without great skin. Even when we’re wearing our best outfits, and our hair is perfect, a less-than-stellar complexion can totally dampen our attitude and style. And for so many women, and especially mothers, great skin seems ever elusive. Most of us try all the latest products and techniques, only to see no improvements or, worse, end up with even more problems and imperfections.
Thankfully, though, a radiant, younger-looking complexion doesn’t have to be so difficult to attain. Keep reading for tips on improving the health of your skin, simply and effectively.
Dealing with Blemishes
Unfortunately, acne and imperfections aren’t just for teenagers. As we get older, fluctuating hormone levels, stress, and unhealthy lifestyle choices can result in breakouts, as can the products we use to treat acne and other blemishes. For example, most acne treatments contain alcohol, benzoyl peroxide and other harsh ingredients, which can dry and irritate the skin. In turn, the skin boosts its production of oils, and more acne occurs. To prevent these frustrating effects, keep the following points in mind when addressing acne, blackheads and other imperfections:
- Always moisturize. While moisturizing acne-prone skin may seem counterintuitive, skimping on the moisturizer will only lead to dryness, itching, irritation and even more breakouts. For oily skin, use light, water-based formulas made from all-natural ingredients. Dryer skin can handle thicker, more luxurious creams and serums.
- Avoid irritation. Don’t attack acne with harsh medications; instead, soothe the skin with products made from all-natural ingredients. For example, products containing tea tree oil and green tea extract have been shown to fight and prevent blemishes, without irritating the delicate skin of the face. Also, scrubbing and exfoliating can slough off dead skin cells and promote a healthy glow; but, to avoid redness and irritation, use these techniques sparingly.
- Address non-acne blemishes. In addition to pimples and blackheads, many women report tough-to-treat blemishes like skin tags, moles, scars and other imperfections. Thankfully, in order to treat these issues, we don’t need to turn to invasive measures like surgery or laser therapy. While it shouldn’t be considered a complete treatment, a natural oil skin tag remover is designed to address embarrassing blemishes without scarring or irritating the skin.
Fight the Signs of Aging
When it comes to women and skincare, reducing and preventing the signs of aging is often a primary concern. And with all the products and procedures available, finding the methods that best suit your needs can be challenging. However, basic tips like the ones listed below can help reduce the signs of aging, and promote healthy, younger-looking skin:
- Make healthy lifestyle choices. Our outer appearance is a reflection of our inner health; therefore, in order to look our absolute best, we have to take care of ourselves. Regular exercise, a nutrient-rich diet and plenty of sleep will not only make us feel better, but will make us look better as well. Invigorate your skin with exercise, and nourish it with a diet packed with vitamins and minerals. Also, prevent dark circles and lackluster skin by making an effort to get enough sleep.
- Hydrate. Even mild dehydration can speed up the aging process. Plum up the skin, boost circulation and enjoy a fresher, more youthful appearance by drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Don’t pile on the makeup. When dealing with lines and wrinkles, it can be tempting to hide under layers of makeup. However, heavy foundation and concealer can actually exacerbate the signs of aging. Instead, opt for mineral-based products, and use a light touch when applying.
We all want clear, beautiful, younger-looking skin. And, thankfully, we can get the skin we want, without the stress and frustration of a grueling skincare regimen. With the tips provided here, you can achieve a bright glowing complexion, simply and effectively.
Photo Credit: Free Digital Photos
Do you suffer from acne or breakouts? If so, what is your go to treatment? Do you use any products to help with aging? If so, what do you use?
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your family and friends to help Uplifting Families grow. Thank you for visiting!