If you’re experiencing permanent hair loss and want to reverse its process, there has never been a better time to make that major decision. The advancement of technology has allowed those experiencing hair loss to regain their confidence with a fuller set of hair. Hereditary baldness, alopecia or patches of hair loss, and sometimes for cosmetic purposes are the usual reasons to motivate many to consider hair transplant surgery.
Choosing which procedure or treatment, however, will depend on your own condition where you will need to factor in the safety and the cost of the procedure. Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment will help you come to a sound decision on which procedure suits you the best.
Hair surgical procedures like hair restoration surgery are usually common with more evident transformations in the hairline. Although these procedures are expensive, their effectiveness is quickly proven. Those thinking of getting this type of procedure will need enough hair from a donor.
- The natural hair transplanted on the scalp will grow and look natural compared to synthetic hair found in wigs.
- The procedure will allow for the natural growth of hair in time and can replenish the hair loss.
- Invasive nature of the procedure can result in complications such as infections on the scalp if not done properly. This is why it is of utmost importance that surgical procedures like these are done by a registered and credible doctor like those in Nuhair Medical.
- Surgical procedures can be expensive and usually cost thousands of dollars. There is also a period of discomfort that can be felt post-operation.
- Recovery time takes longer and up to months for the scalp to fully heal, and even longer for the results to fully manifest itself. Symptoms like swollenness and tightness will be felt, while minor scarring from the incisions can also happen.
While the idea of a surgical procedure may not be for everyone, there are other options that don’t necessarily require going under the knife. These treatments forego surgery which can be comforting for those afraid of the side effects and complications that may occur in such procedures if gone awry.
- Normally cheaper than procedures that involve surgery and can cost up to $3,000 in total while surgery can cost as high as $30,000.
- Recovery time is much quicker and doesn’t need months to manifest. In fact, many can already return to daily activities the day after the treatment. Results also manifest almost instantly with full results manifesting after just a month.
- Non-invasive nature reduces the chances of complications like scalp infections.
- Growth of new hair in the affected areas of treatment is not possible.
- Will require continuous maintenance and retouching sessions if it is not cared for.
- Unnatural physical results may abound if the clinic or doctor is not one of reputable status. It is best to consult with your doctor before undergoing any procedure.