What Items Should I Have in my Baby’s Diaper Bag?
Some of the items seem like they would be common sense; however, as a mom I made mistakes and sometimes forgot to make sure that the bag was restocked before leaving the house. Here is a list of items that you could find in my child’s diaper bag:
- diaper rash cream
- changing mat – great for protecting your back seat during an emergency diaper change or in public restrooms
- change of clothes – if your caught without a change of clothes you might have to buy your child new clothes while you are out and about, in fact, I actually had to do this with my first child
- plastic bags – this is a great way to recycle those grocery bags because you can wrap up soiled clothes or place a dirty diaper in it if there isn’t a trash can handy.
- gas drops
- nail clippers
- blanket or nursing cover – a blanket is a must have if your nursing
- extra pacifiers
- bottle/water/formula if your child isn’t breastfed
- baby food/spoon for an older toddler
- burp clothes
- sippy cup for your older baby
This is a basic list of things that you may need while you are out and about with your baby. As you can see, this is a pretty lengthy list.
What item do you always make sure that you have in your baby’s diaper bag?