Today, I wanted to share with you a fun recipe that I came up with several weeks ago. I went to the grocery store and bought some popcorn. I also grabbed some microwaveable white chocolate and some Valentines day candy. This recipe only took me about 15 minutes to prep and everyone loved the popcorn.
2 bags of Pop Secret popped popcorn (lite butter or no butter works best)
1 package of white chocolate
Valentine’s Chocolate Coated candy (either M&Ms or Sixlets)
Small Cup to Melt Chocolate in the Microwave
Huge bowl to enjoy popcorn
- Pop two bags of microwave popcorn according to the instructions.
- Allow the popcorn to cool off for a few minutes.
- Remove all of the popcorn kernels from the popcorn.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spread thin layer of popcorn on the wax paper and save the rest of the popcorn.
- Place two pieces of microwavable white chocolate in cup and follow directions on package.
- Stir chocolate until it is smooth.
- Using fork: spread chocolate over popcorn using a back and forth motion. (it took a bit to figure out the process so that the chocolate didn’t come off in huge clumps but don’t worry if it is does it still tastes good)
- Allow the chocolate to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Then place the chocolate covered popcorn and the rest of the popcorn together in a huge bowl.
- Mix the popcorn together so that it is evenly mixed.
- Top popcorn with Valentine’s day chocolate candy.
Look at this beautiful centerpiece!!!
This would be perfect centerpiece for your Valentine’s day party! I used a white sheet and put down a strip of wax paper. Then I overfilled the bowl so that there was popcorn on all sides of the dish. We even put white chocolate on the wax paper.
Save a $1.00 off Pop-Secret popcorn here (click to my post that contains the coupon and click on any link or image to print your coupon).
Blog With Friends – Creative Cupids Link-up
Feel free to link up your Valentine’s day posts! Posts that aren’t related to the theme will be subject to deletion.